Wednesday 21 July 2010

Last Night's TV

After a busy afternoon of pre-production I settled in for some TV before an early night. I was flicking through the channels when I came across Danielle Lineker - My New Step Family. I wasn't interested in watching it in the slightest until I came across it twenty minutes into the programme and ended up watched the rest of it. I'm not sure why.

I thought it was an interesting and informative programme about step families with Danielle trying to find her rightful place in the Lineker family, but it wasn't exactly thrilling. I thought Danielle came across as a nice enough person, but not really a personality. Gary reduced his appearance to the odd walk passed the camera, a small conversation with his wife at the end of the programme and an attempt at a BBQ. The only time he seemed to show any passion or enthusiasm to anything was when he was watching football through his patio doors. Nothing he said really added to the programme or shed any new light on the issue of step families. His son George, despite having a shed load more screen time than his father, possibly added even less. As Danielle attempted to bond with George he mumbled, looked away from the camera and occasionally smiled. Apparently they did a lot of bonding on holiday, but we didn't get to see that.

The programme wasn't a disaster as such, but I'm not sure if I would be tuning into the Linekers every week if they decided to make it a series.

I then flicked through my Sky Plus to find last night's Shooting Stars recorded and ready for watching. Again - phenomenal! Vic and Bob really are back on form and I was, for the second week running, laughing out loud alone in my living room. Every gag went down a treat and I was in stitches. The highlight of the show for me is a toss up between two things. Either - former Pussycat Doll Kimberley putting her hand through a hole in the wall to feel and try to guess the beast and being horrified by the touch of bangers and mash. Or the true or false question - Iraqi men use a black pudding as an emergency moustache?

Shooting Stars sticks to almost the exact same formula it did years ago, but some how keeps on making me laugh. I cannot wait for next week's installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment