Tuesday 13 July 2010

Shooting Stars

Shooting Stars is back on TV and back on form.

I used to love Shooting Stars when I was in school. I'd sit at the back of English with my mucka Gav Peters and repeat the jokes of the previous episode. When they announced that it was returning to our screens I was eager to see it, but the episode I watched of last series wasn't good at all in my opinion. I was quite disappointed. I thought that maybe I'd grown out of that random comedy. Or maybe Vic and Bob had lost it. So when I saw it on the old planner tonight I thought I'd give it a go, but wasn't convinced I'd like it.

I was wrong. It was just like the Shooting Stars I remember from my youth. Vic and Bob back on form. Random comedy. Swedish and sexist based comedy aimed at Ulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka. George Dawes has sinced been replaced by Angelos - who's interesting to say the least. The dove from above. The same old formula with a not so different team - but it worked. Some of the gags had me in stitches and I laughed out loud to myself several times.

I cannot wait for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment