Monday 7 June 2010

Not Enough Hours In The Day

It's now 12:22 on my day off. One of only two days per week that I dont have to drag myself into work. So... I've got a list of things to do that is as long as my arm and I need to spend some time working on a script. I've managed to scratch a few jobs off the list, but I still have more to do. Can I fit some writing in today? I hope so, but Im not too confident. it seems that my days off are spent either on film shoots or piling through the list of things I have to do. Today is no different. I've had to take my car to the garage for it's MOT at 8:30. Test drive a mitsubishi Trojan at 10:00. Popped to the bank, I'm blogging now, checked my bonus has been calculated correctly by HR. I've still got to have some lunch, go to a production meeting at 3:30, pick my car up at 5, go to the gym and then get to the Cons Club regarding my application for membership at 7:45.

It feels as though there are not enough hours in the day and I never seem to have much time for writing scripts and longer projects remain untouched. Today I should be able to get in an hour or two, but it's not enough to develop my comedy-drama TV serial and it's 6 x 1 hour episodes. So... I'll probably work on something smaller. I need to dedicate an entire day to my larger projects so I can really get into it. I cant work in bits and pieces here and there. I rarely ever get two days in a row off either, so I cant spend one day doing odd jobs and the following day writing. I am fortunate this week and have an additional day off that I am owed and Ive managed to work my rota so I can have Friday and Saturday off. However.... the world cup kicks off friday and there are three games Saturday including England. Despite being Welsh I shall be supporting England in this word cup!

Whenever I get time I tend to fill it with production meetings, calls form work, odd jobs or hangovers. I need to write, write, write. Hence my decision to step down as a branch manager at the mobile phone retailer who currently employ me and go back to part time. Having more time to write is the aim, but I do fear that the world cup will be a massive source of my procrastination for the next 4 and a half weeks.

How much sleep do I really need each night? Hhmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment