Saturday 12 June 2010

Two Big Games Today

Today sees Argentina get their World Cup campaign up and running at lunch time and then England this evening.

Argentina have got a fantastic side when they play well and have 4 phenomenal strikers - Messi, Tevez, Higuain and Milito. The only problem is that they have Diego Maradona in charge. The guy has proven that he is an out and out idiot time and time again. I fear that having him in charge may just cost Argentina the chance of winning another World Cup.

England have looked cagey in their warm up games and the press have taken up their usual negative stance. Some are talking about being happy with a point. I feel more optimistic. After seeing Rio limp out of the tournament I think a lot of players were not willing to risk everything in the warm up games and risk an early flight home. I think you will see an England team who are full of confidence and well up for a fight come 7.30. I'm even going to stick a few quid on England to win 3 - 0.

All this football means that I have to get up early, drag myself into the library in town and get some writing done. No distractions. I've managed to redraft a 65 page script in the two mornings I've spent locked up in the library. Seems to be a good idea for my days off. But...... work again tomorrow. Booooooooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment