Friday 4 June 2010

The Return Of Jon Lilygreen!

Last night Scratched Print Productions shot the home coming gig for Jon Lilygreen after his return from the Eurovision song contest. There were various other artists performing acoustic sets from the same talent management as Jon and it was a good night. We kept the shooting of the support acts to one or two of their tracks and covered all of Jon’s set. I must say he’s a pretty talented guy with a great voice. The support acts were all vey good also, but Jon stole the show. His charisma in front of an audience is fantastic and he seems to have a range of styles he can pick from when performing. Last night we had funk, rock, pop and even the Ghostbusters theme tune.

On a personal note though, my back was killing me after holding a camera for so long. It’s been years since I’ve actually manned a camera myself and our handheld style we were going for is a killer. My arms were aching and they’d start wobbling and I’d have to rest the on something. The muscle sin my upper back, under my arms and my shoulders were aching too. I have no idea how cameramen do it all day. Despite my apparent lack of physical strength to hold my camera up for three hours I think I shot some good stuff and I’m looking forward to seeing it.

Overall Scratched Print shot some pretty good stuff too and I’m sure it will make a great little promo for Jon and the other artists. Looking to pick up an interview with Jon at some stage next week and also catch him rehearsing to add a personal touch to the video and it should be pretty good. I think we would be happy to make some videos for Jon or even make him a music video for one of his tracks. A very talented man and I wish him all the best with his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment