Monday 28 June 2010

Saturday, Beach, Sunburn!

After arranging I had Saturday off thinking that England would win their group and I could make a day of it I decided to spend the day at the beach. Me and my mate Dave dived in the car and headed down to Rest Bay at Porthcawl followed later by Barney, Kershaw, Kershaw's little boy Jack, Lewis, his girlfriend Kate and their baby Alfie. What a beauty of a day! It was baking hot when we arrived at 12 and was still baking when we left at 5. The beach was rammed and I've never seen it so busy. We had a knock about with football, sunk a few beers, had a swim and chilled out with house music. This is what I miss. For the last 4 years I've worked in retail sales and as a requirement have worked most Saturdays. Now that I'm going back to part time and will only be working 3 days a week I can pick and choose my hours without any management responsibilities. That means more trips to the beach, more days in the sun and a fuller summer experience. I cannot wait. Actually.... I can wait. My shoulders are still purple with sunburn from Saturday so I'll give it a few days before I get out in the sun again. School boy error on my part not wearing sun cream I suppose, but never mind. If i keep lashing on the after sun hopefully I won't peel and I'll be a nice shiny brown colour before long. Goody gumdrops.

No comments:

Post a Comment